Our new coop/ need a tunnel picture please? (pic)

winniegirl

Songster
11 Years
Sep 15, 2008
Pennsylvania
We're supposed to be getting our larger coop "any day now" I know I've seen pictures of "tunnels" from pop door into run. Anyone have a picture or can describe it for DH? He could build it if he could see it, he says
smile.png

We're not sure how to connect it w/o a tunnel, cuz we're NOT exactly builders. DH did build the run after looking at all the great examples on here
thumbsup.gif
Of course after seeing all the neat setups, he just told me not to expect anything fancy, just functional

Thanks in advance for any pix or instructions! Or any other options to make it safe for my newest chicks. I appreciate it!!

The new coop:

15822_img_2510.jpg

Our current run. Coop will be placed on the left side of run
Does that make sense?

15822_img_1852_1_1.jpg

I like your new coop. How are you going to orient it with respect to the run? Are you going to place it so that the pop door/window side is against the run? If so, it seems like it would just be a matter of cutting a hole in the fencing, securing the cut edges of the fencing to the coop around the pop door, and leaning a ramp from the pop door to the ground in the run.

Well for not knowing what you are doing you did a pretty great job! Looks fantastic!

I guess I don't understand the question. Are you going to be moving the old existing coop you have there? If so, then why aren't you going to just place it next to the run, cut a hole in the new coop wall for the pop door (or maybe you have it already), cut a corresponding hole in the run wire and it is connected. At that point all you would have to do is put a few pieces of wood around the opening to secure the run to the coop. Am I missing something?

big_smile.png

Yes, That little coop will be moved. The new coop ( we didn't build that one!) will be placed so the pop door is up against the run. And, we'll have a ramp and cut a hole in the fence. The problem is we can't visualize how to close the gap between the new coop and the run--the old coop was inside the run.

THis seems so simple
roll.png

Maybe just screw in some extra wood around the pop door?
Sheesh. we must be blockheads
th.gif

I'll go look at some more run pictures on here...maybe
our brains will kick in soon!

Build a frame around your poop door then cut a hole in the run and build a frame around the hole. Then connect them with 2 x 4's and put hardware cloth on the sides and a a board or piece of tin on top that you can open. I did something similar. I can take a picture tomorrow and post it.

Quote:
How big of a gap will you have? For example if the distance between the building and the existing pen is 1 1/2 inches a 2x4 is actually 1 1/2 inches wide so just adding the 2x4 would match it up. If it is over that size gap and you feel like you need a tunnel just let us know how big of a gap you have. You certainly can build a small tunnel if you want, but if it is a small gap you could just add 2x4's or whatever size around the pop door, cut the wire to fit and nail it down to the 2x4's that you attached to the pop door, then put decorative wood over the top to hold the wire and protect the chickens from getting cut. I can draw it out but first need to know the gap size.

Anne

Back
Top Bottom