Our new coop!!

serena763

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 11, 2010
We built this out of much scrap material as possible...total cost around $90. ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated! No boxes built yet..that will be coming up in the next month.

Old dog house was here when we moved in. Dogs hated it. Took the side panels off and put hinges and locks for inside access.
chickcoop2.jpg

chickcoop3.jpg

chickcoop4.jpg

Letting us know we missed a spot!
chickcoop8.jpg

chickcoop7.jpg

chickcoop10.jpg

Finished coop!!
chickencoup1.jpg

Yes! THose sneaky coons already broke the first lock and luckily I had a "bad feeling" and kept the brick there. Now we have metal locks on the door AND the brick...also the doggies have been leavign the dogs out at night to keep the girls safe!

Thanks everyone!! Those rocks are actually concrete blocks left over from a remodeling project and we broke them up with a sledge hammer and tadaa!
smile.png
Free rocks!

Last edited:
Serena, I can't tell from the photo but it looks like you do not have a door on the house. If so you need to put one on asap. There is a old saying. Chicken wire keeps chickens in and nothing out. Coon, opposums, fox or any predator (exept flying) can chew/rip through chicken wire in no time. Just don't want you to come out to dead chickens in the morning.

I think it's adorable! i love the landscaping around it and you did an amazing job on the coop and run for only having scrap lumber! I love re-using scraps and making new things with them. just built a small potting table yesterday with some
smile.png

thumbsup.gif
all the way!

Back
Top Bottom