Our newest addition!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by tonini3059, Jul 10, 2011.

1. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    My new naptime buddy. He is two months old. I haven't thought of a name yet, but I call him Flower for now or Nibbler. We have a good friend that raises them and he was too cute to pass up, well all three were cute, but we decided on this little guy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. annageckos

annageckos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    SE PA / NJ
    Adorable! I have always wanted a skunk. I thought they passed a law in PA banning them? Or didn't it pass?

3. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Is he black and white? I thought only brown and white could be owned as pets. When I worked at my last job at a vet clinic, we had a client with two brown and white ones. He loved them and took great care of them, and they were neat. It was amusing to go back to the cages to get them out for their exams and have them stomp at you.

4. annageckos

annageckos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    SE PA / NJ
    Quote:In all my research I never heard that about the colors. But it could just be a local/state law. Kind of like in NJ you can't own wild colored corn snakes, even if they are captive bred.

5. tonini3059

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    I do not know all the details of the law, but it does make sense that it could be the case that only the non wild colors could be kept, since it is guaranteed to not have been wild caught. As mentioned earlier we are good friends with the guy who raises them and according to him all you need to own one as a pet is a permit issued by the breeder. Similar to the migratory birds in that the breeder needs all the permits, you just need to have proof that it was not wild caught. For some reason I think the same also goes for raccoons. It is surprising though since PA is a real pain in regards to keeping wild animals as pets and generally do not know their own laws. I had a similar conversation with a guy today at a bird sale and had to edit it a bit. Sorry for the tangent but, obviously the law was not passed that banned the owning of them, luckily for me.

6. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! [​IMG]

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Oh My Word!! [​IMG] That is the cutest think ever! Do they remove the "stinker" before they sell them? Otherwise, I think it would be pretty [​IMG]

8. bhazell123

bhazell123 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Welsh La
    oo wow i want one !! lol you are sooo lucky gosh im so jealous

9. tonini3059

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    Thanks everyone I have always wanted one. Yeah he is de-scented. He just needs to get neutered in October. Luckily the vet that deals with skunks is already the vet I m currently going to.

10. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Awww! [​IMG] He is ADORABLE! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by