Our newest family member!

jbowyer01

Just Me!
14 Years
Aug 29, 2008
Hogansville, Georgia
Here is our newest family member. Her name is Jojo (short for Jospehine) she is only 8 weeks old she is on the right. She is almost completely deaf and has some vision issues, but we love her anyway. Thats Bobo (Bocephus) thats beside her on the left hes a little over a year old. They are double dapple minature doxies.

15098_bobo_and_jojo_029.jpg

Thank you everyone. I just wanted to put a note in shes so tiny...thats a cream cheese container (one of the small ones) thats in the pic to the right. Now I have to get advice on how to train hearing disabled dogs!

Quote:
skyesrocket they are both douple dapples but the bad thing is they carry the merle gene which can cause issues (the merle gene is called the dapple in doxies or the white coloring). My SIL breeds doxies and says she will not do the double dapple anymore because she will not be responsible for bringing lives into this world that have all these issues. I think she is being very responsible for stopping. She offered me Bo about a year ago, he has a little bit of a sight issue other than that hes fine, then she called a few weeks ago about Jojo and asked if I'd give her a good home.

As a fellow owner of a black & tan mini doxie, Nellie age 2 ("Eenie Weenie Nellie Baby") I say welcome! That's one sweet looking and lucky little pup!

Laura

We had a horse that was deaf, when it was time for him to come in at night we used a flashlight. It took 2 people to train him. One to lead him up and the other to work the flashlight. When he would get to us we would give him a cookie. It didnt take long til he knew that it meant
smile.png

I found this page for you, hope it helps!!! http://www.deafdogs.org/training/

Edit to add: Sorry I forgot to say that she is just darling too
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
skyesrocket they are both douple dapples but the bad thing is they carry the merle gene which can cause issues (the merle gene is called the dapple in doxies or the white coloring). My SIL breeds doxies and says she will not do the double dapple anymore because she will not be responsible for bringing lives into this world that have all these issues. I think she is being very responsible for stopping. She offered me Bo about a year ago, he has a little bit of a sight issue other than that hes fine, then she called a few weeks ago about Jojo and asked if I'd give her a good home.

Not to be rude, but didn't she know the double dapple causes issues before she bred them?
hmm.png

It's great of you to take the puppy!

Back
Top Bottom