Jan 31, 2010
Eastern NC
It is looking good
thumbsup.gif

Looks good so far,
clap.gif
slightly larger than the previous
thumbsup.gif
must have been the chicken math fever. Suggest don't dispose of the old coop, they make great tween coops.
jumpy.gif

Not to pick but given how hot it is there and the lack of shade I hope you are planning huge ventilation openings. You can always shutter them if needed but can't get too much fresh air in the heat. (I spend several years at Ft Bragg and don't miss that heat!)

I see it's a huge horse pasture you are building in, is lightening a concern? I imagine that would tend to over cook a chicken

Anyway, keep the pictures coming
pop.gif
and my condolences to the guys being run
bow.gif
by that redhead... I know how it is, my daughter is a redhead as is my wife. Never a dull moment around either one of them
gig.gif

Yeah just a little tiny bit of chicken math going on here.
hide.gif

There is a foot of chicken wire all around the top right now and it stays surprisingly cool in there due to the shade from the garage. More will be above the door and a couple of windows. Enough? It is hotter than Hades here no doubt though!

Lightening is a big concern around here. Grounding rods!

My son is getting the old coop. He wants to raise Silver Sebrights. He saved up and just ordered them from Cackle. He is really stoked about em too!

And Red rules the world! She is the only one in either of our recent families. Weren't we shocked when the ginger popped out.
lol.png
Come to find out both our great-grandmothers were reds!

As Justin Wilson used to say "I garonntee" you my girls don't give a rat's AX weather their coop is level or not. BTW, nice coop.

Back
Top Bottom