Our shed turned coop.

misidawnrn

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Hopefully this will work. This is our coop on the cheep...get it...cheap? hehehe
I got the big window from Habitat for Humanity Restore for $35, a thrift shop of building goods so to speak, the ladder/roost was an old ladder my hubby had and the nesting box was an old pantry from the HfHR for $25. There was already shelves in the shed, so I unscrewed them, used the top one for the bottom of the nesting boxes and moved the others to the otherside of the shed. My brother in law put the window in for me and cut the chicken door out and used one of the doors from the pantry for the door. The dog run was already there (it had 2 huge dog houses in it that we had to pull the fence down to get out). I want to paint but we just moved in and I have tons of other stuff to do first...and it's raining buckets now. We will eventually put in a wall and a door dividing the shed into 1/3s so they won't have as much room but it's OK for now.
018.jpg

002-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

Quote:
Hubby thinks it is 12x16. It is huge. That is why we plan on adding a wall to wall of 1/3 of it for just chickens and other part for stuff like rakes, etc.

I know I had an orb in my picture...weird huh?

I plan on putting chicken wire over the top...I think. We have to go to my inlaws and get it and they live out of town but FIL is in the hospital right now so we have to wait until he gets home. I haven't figured out the logistics of putting it up. Eventually I want to have them be able to roam the yard but they need to know where their home is first. I just put them in there 3 days ago. We also have to insulate and sheetrock the inside...later this summer/fall.

Back
Top Bottom