Our smart little birds :)

Sorry I keep posting on your thread! LOL, but I love this subject!! You know when I first got into being more self-suffient, meat and eggs and all, I was thinking yard birds right?? Wrong! LOL I raise toy poodles but with dogs you just expect them to be pretty intelligent, but with chickens I wasnt expecting it and it changed my whole outlook on them, They are very trainable, and apparently so are we (humans). LOL because when I hear the pecking on the back door I automatically go for the coop key cause I know its her wanting me to unlock it for her to go in and I know its that because as soon as I open the door she starts squawking away and then makes a mad dash for the locking human door on the coop . Not only that I've learned a few "words" of chickenese, like for instance I know the difference between hawk call, and when its a strange cat in the yard and when the postman is walking down the sidewalk out front. And when Sadie the black silkie pullet flys the coop, Mouth starts crowing and won't shut up til I go out and put her back in the silkie pen then all quiet again. On the flipside, the silkies will stand out in the rain all day instead of going into their nice warm dry coop????? Go figure! LOL

Ok I'm done, Ill shut up now!
lol.png

When I bought my first 8 little feed store chicks, of course they're adorable as 2 day old chicks, who couldn't love them? Almost every baby of a warm-blooded species of is cute!

Other than that bit of fawning over infant anythings, and knowing I would name the chicks, I would NEVER have believed they would each have their own individual personalities. And that they have a language I was beginning to understand.

And from that realization, there grew an admiration for the cleverness of chickens. Mine, especially.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom