out at last!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newfoundland, Aug 2, 2010.

1. newfoundland

newfoundland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Hurrah!! Our eight week old Pekin ducks are out in their new home. Cleaned out the office, what a job! but no more cleaning out the dog crate twice a day. Even little Lucky, who is slightly disabled seems to be fine. I put him in a cat carrier inside the duck house at night so that he doesn't get trampled in the morning rush! Son is taking the four largest ducks in a week or two, so we will just have the three smaller ones, and their parents. Had breakfast outside with them this morning, what a treat! Can't believe how they've grown.

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    It is a watershed moment when they move outdoors!

Nice you had breakfast with them this morning. I spend as much time as I can get away with near or in the pen. It is fun for me, and I think it helps keep my runners more calm around people. Yesterday a neighbor came over with greens for the ducks, and stopped to talk with them. Now that is just . . . better than I could have hoped! Another neighbor has helped me with carpentry, kids come early to their bus stop to say hello to the ducks sometimes, friends greet me with, "hi! how are the ducks? Got pictures?"

Gotta smile
    [​IMG]

(oh, and there are the eggs, slug patrol and fertilizer ! )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by