Out of curiosity...

tweetzone86

Songster
Jul 23, 2018
Kootenai County, ID
Where would one find heritage show quality purebred RIR chicks? I only have an egg flock for now (suburban lot, hope to be on acreage next year) but will want to move into both egg and meat flocks at some point. Plus, though I can't afford 4-H itself, I am hoping to be able to do purebred heritage RIRs for the girls to have as pets and can show them at the fairs in the area.

So does anyone know where one can find such chicks? I doubt hatcheries...

If you want birds that would do well being shown then go to a show. Check out what's there and talk to the breeders. You should be able to find a breeder to source from or at least network with them to find what you're looking for.
Finding "show quality" birds from other sources will most often teach you that most advertising those do not know a SOP bred bird from a sack of hammers.

Where would one find heritage show quality purebred RIR chicks? I only have an egg flock for now (suburban lot, hope to be on acreage next year) but will want to move into both egg and meat flocks at some point. Plus, though I can't afford 4-H itself, I am hoping to be able to do purebred heritage RIRs for the girls to have as pets and can show them at the fairs in the area.

So does anyone know where one can find such chicks? I doubt hatcheries...

Curious as to how 4-H is expensive? I’m in OH and it’s very low cost. You don't have to justify the cost being too high, as that is personal. Every state is likely different in how it is run or how it chooses to charge fees, so I’m just curious.

Curious as to how 4-H is expensive? I’m in OH and it’s very low cost. You don't have to justify the cost being too high, as that is personal. Every state is likely different in how it is run or how it chooses to charge fees, so I’m just curious.
Same here in Indiana, just a small sign up fee, a little gas to go to meetings, sometimes the clubs buy t shirts so a few more bucks later....

Back
Top Bottom