out of flockraiser!!! now what?

grandmafarmer

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 30, 2011
My feed store is out of Flockraiser which is what I feed my Pekin Ducks. They will not have any for a couple of days can my ducks eat Layena with my hens until Friday? They are all free range during the day. If not what should I feed them. The guy at the feed store said it would not hurt them but you know har feed store advice goes so I am coming to the experts! Thanks!

Many feed their ducks and chickens together all of the time. I would say you are fine until the feed stores gets it back in. I take it you have no other feed stores in the area?

welcome-byc.gif
:

We feed our ducks and chickens together, we feed them a mix of our own making using several different products.

But all of our birds free range, our ducks spend most of their time in our creeks and ponds eating small fish, crawdads, and greens.

And our chickens spend their time hanging out near the compst bins, and in the woodline scratching up bugs.

I am not sure if our 'one size fits all' feeding program would be right for the birds if they were confined, but for us this works.

In any case, a couple of days shouldnt have any effect, Good luck!

I fed my young ducks Layena for months out of ignorance. The Mallard eggs are incredible! Now, everyone gets Flockraiser (since my hens are not yet laying). I love the way it smells!

No worries. Mine also free-range. Even after a long time of Layena, they appear quite healthy and brightly colored.

Back
Top Bottom