Out of the brooder - Fall 2012

daddykirbs

Songster
8 Years
Mar 13, 2011
We are on our second batch of meat chickens. This time we are raising the Jumbo Cornish X. This video shows the birds at 3 weeks old and I'm taking them out of the brooder.

Last edited:
Nice set-up! Did you build the doorframe just for that brooder stock-tank, or was that happy chance?! It looked like it *just* squeaked through the opening!
And I'm envious of your poop-door get-up. I've got to get a pulley system for ours - I'm getting tired of walking completely around the building (through two gates) to get the poop-door open. Fabulous video and nice looking birds.

Nice set-up! Did you build the doorframe just for that brooder stock-tank, or was that happy chance?! It looked like it *just* squeaked through the opening!
And I'm envious of your poop-door get-up. I've got to get a pulley system for ours - I'm getting tired of walking completely around the building (through two gates) to get the poop-door open. Fabulous video and nice looking birds.
Thanks! Yes, that was all custom built with that tank in mind. I agree that pulleys help a lot too.

Back
Top Bottom