Crowing
8 Years
Jul 20, 2013
Blue Ridge, TX
IMG_0270.JPG
IMG_0271.JPG
IMG_0272.JPG
IMG_0275.JPG
well, I had a better than expected hatch rate for my first batch of quail eggs and wound up with 30ish babies. They are 2.5 weeks and already getting cramped in the 4' water trough I used as a brooder so I moved them out to their hutch. Ultimately the plan is to have a breeding group on each side and the grow out in the aviary portion. I still need to add the hardware cloth on the aviary part so for now they are split between the two sides, each being 3.5' x 4'.

Nice set up. Just be mind full of "bad-guys" digging under your pen's bottom horizontals.

Nice set up. Just be mind full of "bad-guys" digging under your pen's bottom horizontals.
Yeah, the hutch itself is secure which is where they are now but the aviary is a work in progress. I need to put an apron on when I'm doing the hardware cloth. The aviary portion is really an afterthought due to having way more birds than I expected. I'm new to quail so am learning as I go! I have my chickens set up so I only need to feed and water once a week, these guys are going to be a litttle more high maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom