out of the danger zone??????

newbee chick01

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 14, 2011
i`ve got 6 eggs all showing fertile on day 6.there all looking well and i think i can even see some movement:) was wondering if there was a certain stage that was classed as
"out of the danger zone" if you know what i mean.
i know obviously theres going to be small chances all the way through the process that something could go wrong for natural or other reasons,,,,but is there a stage where problems are less likely to ocurr???? if that makes sense to any1 lol
lol.png

IMO the only time you are "out of the danger zone" incubating/hatching wise is once they've all hatched. I've learned when incubating eggs, anything can happen from power outages to temp spikes, to humidity issues (which typically don't show as a problem until hatch time). I've had chicks make it all the way to lockdown and then die in the shell.

Quote:
I agree...I've lost quite a few after lockdown (but I've got an LG bator right now)...I've had some pip internally and not make it!

this sure is nail bitting stuff. all the sudden 21days seems a life time lol!so untill its hatched its a 50/50 chance????

I'll agree you are never out of the danger zone... but, that you have 6 fertile eggs which are developing properly is a wonderful start!!!
ya.gif
If this is your first hatch, I wouldn't put any percentage on your odds. If you have a quality incubator and understand how humidity in the incubator works then I'd say you have a great chance for a good hatch.

lol i know what you mean i constantly checking temp etc.my huby and kids think i`m obsessed,,i think they might be right aha.i luv this site though its really helpful and nice to know i`m not the only one in the 21 day waiting game:)

Back
Top Bottom