outdoor playtime

achake01

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 15, 2010
Hi all--Another question re my four-week olds.
They are currently installed in the outdoor brooder (inside the coop) as of last night. Doing great.
My question deals with outdoor playtime: Their adjoining run is ALMOST finished, the only thing I have left to do is the apron (skirting the hardware cloth underground, outward). It's halfway done.
Is their run safe to use for a few hours in the day, if I'm checking in on them every 40 mins?
And, if so, at this age can they stay out there pretty much all day, provided they have enough water?
Thanks again
Anne Marie.

now that summer is rolling around when to put them out is basically become a personal preference, down here in south GA weve been haveing heat indexs of 120 for the last 2 weeks, that being said, a month or so ago, i moved some 3 week olds outside full time, who were mostly feather except for necks and heads, and they are doing fine. my concern was that would have somewhere secure to get out of the afternoon rains and stay dry, but they apparently like to play in the rain so... as long as its staying above 70ish at night i would say your fine to move them outside full time, if you feel the need you can run a heat lamp out there for them at night, but all should be fine.

Quote:
Thank you again (for both responses) gryeyes
smile.png

All best
Anne Marie

Back
Top Bottom