Outhouse Themed Bathroom?

Bec

THE Delaware Blue Hen
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Home Of The Delaware Blue Hen
What do you think?

I am looking to redecorate my bathroom. Right now it is pretty plain. The walls are a nice light brown/tan, which I love and am not changing. Other than that, we have a blue and brown striped shower curtain and a tan bath mat. That's it. I could never settle on a theme so we never bought any pictures. It has a nice neutral ceramic tile floor that would match just about anything I put in there. Our towels are brown, tan and white. We have a medium green and gray too from our original dragon fly theme. I promised DH that I wouldn't decorate it with animals. The kitchen in chickens and roosters, the living room is horses.
I love the idea of the outhouses and have found some really cute outhouse shower curtains. I thought that would be nice and have a country feel like the rest of our house. We are not modern, floral or fancy people. We like it down home feeling.

So what do you think?

Last edited:
I just started doing mine in outhouses! Its barnd red with country white trim and the outhouses just mesh so well! I am looking for an outhouse towel rack currently. Hooray for outhouse in-house bathrooms!

Here is a pic of a shower curtain and general idea of what I would like to have!

524_bathroom.gif

That's the kind of shower curtian I have. My DH also made an outhouse toilet paper holder, it looks like a little outhouse. I also have an antique chamber pot in there.
I think it's a great idea! Go for it.

I have a friend that did her bathroom in "outhouse" and used an old enamel bed pan to hold the toilet paper, she just hung it on the wall by the toilet (fat end toward the floor) and the roll fit right in the end, it was super creative and looked great!

I LOVE this theme. I have the half moon on my bathroom door and photos of outhouses and little outhouse figurines, etc. I think this is a great theme....as long as you keep your regular toilet and don't switch to a wooden box with a hole!!!

My mother decorated her bathroom in sage and vanilla color along with those same border trim like the pic displayed above.

She also had some victorian frosted glass for shower doors and they looked beautiful!

I am not crazy about outhouses but it would make great garden piece! (to store your shovels and buckets in there!)

Back
Top Bottom