OUTRAGED , Animal Cruelty at local shelter

Quote:
This story was not about the animal shelter having a lack of money, but of them not meeting the basic needs of a chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, why is there always a demand to send government agencies more money when they don't use the money that they get wisely? Supposedly this chicken was under a vets care. How much money would it actually have taken to treat the chicken? How many people here could have helped this chicken without all the $$$ that this shelter had available. They just didn't know or didn't care.

(btw, I've worked in schools for years, and have seen some truly horrible ways to waste money. It's not about quantitiy, but about quality.)

I cannot get over the SPUR in that first picture!
th.gif

So what did you use on the lice and mites that worked so well???? And that spur in the first pic... didn't know hens had spurs.. see you learn something new every day...

I'm very, very glad she is doing so well with you today!!

My friend used Ivermectin Pour On for the scaley leg mites and lice.
YUP, the spurs are really something, I've read that hens occasionally do get spurs, I sure believe it now. She is an old her probably a RIR. Oh........ she's missing alot of her toes, frostbitten sometime in the past. She is really a sweet bird.

And that's right, Animal Control did not meet the BASIC NEEDS of the chicken, this is not a question of $$.
Nobody there will even accept responsibility. It really makes me mad.
Right before this happened, they had to euthanize all of the cats there because of an employee oversight.

Get the state on their hind ends, there must be some state law that applies, if you get nowhere with that there are always various groups out there that just love raising a stink about mis treatment of animals.

I'm so glad she found you/you found her!! How frustrating to run up against such a wall of denial, ignorance, and lies. And the vet...I'll never understand why folks simply don't admit their mistakes...
idunno.gif
Ignorance is easier to forgive than blatant lies.

Back
Top Bottom