Outside ducklings and rain

Derputy Dawg

Songster
Jul 16, 2020
My ducks are about five weeks old, I'm working on getting them moved outside but I haven't been able to get an enclosure built. So I've been keeping them penned in areas of my back yard with tree cover and garden fencing during the day and bringing them in at night.

Well today we're getting rain from the dirty side of a hurricane. My ducks seem fine with being wet, but should I be concerned about them getting cold or injured? If it looks like tree branches will start coming down I'll bring them in, but I want to know when I'm going to hurt them by letting them stay wet.
IMG_20200725_104124.jpg
IMG_20200725_104159.jpg

Mine are the same age and have mixed feelings about rain lol as long as you have a warm dry area for them, they'll be fine. Mine love snuggling up in their cool with the wood shavings and eachother

They love the rain. You are on the border as far as them getting chilled. I think I would bring them in with the double jeopardy of chilling and branches falling. I wish it had gone farther north. We are so dry here.

I'm not sure my birds were smart enough to go to shelter at that age. They still don't go to shelter at 3.5 months now but at least they are waterproof now.
Food was a great trainer lol we worked with them since we brought them home. I'm a stay at home mom so I made the kids help too. Once they finally got it, they do it automatically then yell at me if I dont give them treats lol gotta love them

Back
Top Bottom