Outside for the first time

rayb

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 14, 2008
We took the chicks out in the yard for the first time last night. They spent their time tugging on grass and chasing ants.

DSCF4027.jpg

DSCF4014.jpg

DSCF4032.jpg

DSCF4033.jpg

DSCF4031.jpg

Thanks for looking...

How adorable is that?! Our 2 week olds have been out too. But we have a pen in the yard that they go out into, so we don't have to chase them.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Awwww how sweet!!!! This year we let our babies out at a really young age (1 month old) mama hen left them to fend for themselves and they have been just fine since. I recently got 2 week old brown/red cochins to add to my flock and after 30 day quarentine they went out as well. They all sleep in the garage at night because of the size difference between them and my flock outside so once they are about the same size (about another month) they will be joining the rest. The babies have a strong instinct to stay safe so mine found a nice lilac bush to hide in all day and the brown/reds took up shop in the cedar tree or under the boat & trailer. I love seeing them sooo happy running about in the yard all day everyday
big_smile.png

OMG - They are sooooooo adorable! My first chicks are scheduled to arrive next week and I am getting really excited. I can't wait to take my babies outside to play.

Back
Top Bottom