Over The Moon!!!! PICS!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by PineBurrowPeeps, Nov 27, 2009.

1. My Fawn FA rabbit doe, Calypso was due to kindle yesterday, Thanksgiving but instead she kindled right in front of me about an hour ago and gave me the best DOOR BUSTERS ever!
    9 of them!!! Gorgeous babies!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This doe was the most terrified thing I have ever seen when I brought her home in Oct. She was a rescue of sorts, purchased for $$$$ by her former owner and then left to sit with no human interaction. She was barely a Sr. when she got here and is from some of the best FA lines there are. Her coat had to sheared off for all of her mats were down to the skin and she was in rough shape. You couldn't touch her without her jumping out of her skin. I made her my personal project and spent a ton of time with her and she has blossomed and done a complete 180 in the short time she has been here. She is now one of the most docile rabbits I have in my barn, and is a complete LOVE BUG and attention hog.
    Since she was going to be off of the show table for quite some time due to her poor coat condition I figured it was a good time to let her try her paws at raising a litter. She was a breeze to breed, and to have 9 kits LIVE and IN THE NESTBOX her first time, is really something else.
    To say I am proud of her is an understatment and a half!
    I will have pics up soon!
    You can see Mom and Dad (MG's Calypso and Platt's Peter) on my website in my sig line.
    I am so happy, this was a dream breeding for me, the combination of two lines that I just adore!! Calypso got a celebratory hunk of pineapple and a piece of Papya for her good work and I have never had a doe kindle right in front of me before. It was as if she were waiting for me, I had just gone to the barn to feed and water and she was laying down on the wire. I came in, she hopped in the box, immeadiately pulled wool, birthed her kits, pulled more wool to cover them and she was OUT and DONE and chowing down on her lunch and gulping her water bottle. 15 MINUTES. Amazing.

Happy Day!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Babies!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    wow... that's lots o babies! [​IMG]