Overflowing Nest Box

crazyfeathers

Songster
6 Years
Aug 24, 2013
Auburndale, Wi
When I went to close up my chickens tonight I checked for eggs one last time and found this. My nest box was overflowing with 2 month old chickies lol I found this funny. I know I need to block them off at night so they roost which they have been but I think due to the endless rain they are a bit chilled and just wanted to cuddle. There are 12 chickies in the box they are EE, Production Reds, and Production Blacks, oh and 2 Astrolorp.

lau.gif
Made my morning!

wet and cold here too..... mine were snuggling on top of an egg this morning when I went to let them all out.

If you can't find pleasure in the small things in life then your life must be unfulfilling. My animals are always doing something funny (at least to me) lol, they are my greatest joys next to my family....Got 5 more babies in the house and 3 in the incubator oh and 3 more silkies about 3 weeks in barn and................... lol Can you say Addicted lol

That's exactly what happened to us last year when we put our chicks in the coop for the first time. 12 pullets all crammed into one nest box. And they weren't little chicks either...lol...silly chickens :)

Back
Top Bottom