Overland Park Hen Special Permit application

COOP Group

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 25, 2012
Overland Park, KS
I have an special permit application for 6 hens in process in the city of Overland Park, KS. My planning committee meeting is set for November 12th and I am wondering if there are any other people in the area interested in keeping hens in the city. The more people speak out about their want for hens, the more likely City Council will be willing to start granting permits and hopefully concider writing their own ordinance in the future. If you would be interested in starting your own flock in Overland Park, please contact me and I can help you start the application process. If there is anyone who would like to speak at the planning meeting in support of backyard hens in Overland Park, please let me know. Thanks!

~Natalie

Our neighborhood information meeting is coming up tomorrow! It could also be a great way to meet other people who love chickens so stop on by and visit! I would love to meet some fellow chicken people! We are holding the meeting at the Oak Park Library at 9500 Bluejacket Drive in Overland Park. We will be there from 1:00 to 3:00 in meeting room one. Hope to see you there!

~Natalie

I am going before the Overland Park Planning Committee on November 12th at 1:30. It is the first of two city meeting for my application to keep hens. If any one is in the area and is available to come along for support, I would love to have you there!

~Natalie

If I could get time away from work, I'd show up to offer my support. I used to be in your area, I recently moved to Grain Valley MO. Good luck!

Wild Bill

Hey! I just saw this today but I'm in Overland Park and I would love to support you! Unfortunately I can't make the meeting on the 12th (I can't get that time off work) but just let me know about any other meetings or ways I can help and I'll do everything I can!

Hey! I just saw this today but I'm in Overland Park and I would love to support you! Unfortunately I can't make the meeting on the 12th (I can't get that time off work) but just let me know about any other meetings or ways I can help and I'll do everything I can!
I'm glad to hear there is another person interested in chickens in Overland Park! I was starting to think I was the only one.
smile.png
I know the meeting is at a bad time for just about everyone. The city council meeting will be December 3rd at 7:30 if I get approved by the Planning Committee Monday. The only thing to left to do at this point is get as many people from Overland Park to write the Planning Committee and/or City Council to tell them you would like to see hens allowed in our city. If you get a few minutes to write, the Planning Committee link for my application is posted above. If you have pro-chicken friends they can write too. If that link does not work, I have heard that an e mail to: [email protected] gets through also. Thanks for the support! I'll let you know how the meeting goes Monday.

~Natalie

I'm glad to hear there is another person interested in chickens in Overland Park! I was starting to think I was the only one.
smile.png
I know the meeting is at a bad time for just about everyone. The city council meeting will be December 3rd at 7:30 if I get approved by the Planning Committee Monday. The only thing to left to do at this point is get as many people from Overland Park to write the Planning Committee and/or City Council to tell them you would like to see hens allowed in our city. If you get a few minutes to write, the Planning Committee link for my application is posted above. If you have pro-chicken friends they can write too. If that link does not work, I have heard that an e mail to: [email protected] gets through also. Thanks for the support! I'll let you know how the meeting goes Monday.

~Natalie
How did this turn out? Were you able to keep hens?

Back
Top Bottom