Owls and strobe lights.. Anyone??

captmark

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 1, 2013
Gainesville / Ocala FLORIDA
I've used both strobe lights and those blinking constuction lights after I saw a respected Poultry farm/ Supply house carrying them 15 years ago. I always keep/kept alot of birds on tie cords also . As I recall they worked... Anyone try this? How'ed they work for you?

Blinking lights not likely to be effective since Christmas lights that blink to not work. Strobe lights might be another story since such make me go into conniptions and are otherwise very distracting. Real test would require when having owl coming in to take a couple birds then stopping losses by doing nothing more than turning strobe on. You may have to place strobe near roosting poultry to have desired effect in owl and poultry may not like it either.

I used stobes lite up constantly in the past, but i was also running a radio, playing rock all night.. As I recall I had no incidents those years. I dont know if it was the light, the radio or a combo of both, or dum luck...

For me it can be dumb luck. I can go for months with no owls, then they come for a couple months then sometimes they leave without any changes by me. I would have to consistently see owls depart when repelling effort used and they would take time to see if effect is real.

Back
Top Bottom