Oxine available in Canada

socks

Songster
10 Years
Apr 12, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Hi, first of all I hope I am posting this in an appropriate place.
You see there are a bunch of us Canadians who don't always have access to some of the nifty products that are mentioned here. Anyway, I have been hard at work trying to track down Oxine and there is some good news, particularly for people in or near to Ontario.

After talking to various people in Biocide and associated with them I got the name of Ron Bailey in Ontario who is being set up with the product for distribution. Ron apparently deals with mink and poultry in some way. His phone is 519-349-2130. 519-878-5798 (if anyone gets his email can you tell me it because the one I was given doesn't work) . He now has the product and is selling it (according to a conversation yesterday at $30 a gallon - that might be in U.S. dollars but sounds very comparable to me to the prices across the border. The activator is a couple of dollars more although my understanding is that it is not absolutely necessary to use that and some people seem to think not a good idea for live poultry (might want to do a search on that) He is willing to ship it by Purolator courier.

Unfortunately for those of us living far away it doesn't look like it is worth it. I checked with purolator, and Greyhound the shipping is at least $45 to me in B.C. Canada post isn't much better and they will only ship liquids if they are packed in a particularly involving way. (Purolator will charge a $15 surcharge if they feel like it as well because it is a liquid).

There is still some hope for those of us in western Canada and so far it comes in the form of a product called Eco-san and marketed by a company called Sanimarc and now under the umbrella of Wood Wyatt. I was told by someone in the head office of Biocide that Eco-san is the same as oxine but just with their label. I am in receipt of the TD (whatever that means it is kind of a spec sheet of Ecosan) and it looks like the same thing with the same uses although the one thing I didn't see on the list was the treatment of drinking water or fogging with it and I have a question in to the Sani Marc Head Office about that (ph. 1-888-749-9699)

If anyone else has been using Eco-san in this way I would like to hear about it since I am a little concerned lest there be some mix up i.e. just because something can be used safely in processing dead poultry certainly doesn't mean it is safe with our live birds and I have yet to feel completely sure of that.

I am also waiting to hear from Sanimarc's western distributor who will hopefully have those answers(don't have the name or number but am told the person will get in touch with me) to find out how I can get the product here.

o.k. well, as I say hope I wasn't blundering into the wrong area but if so could someone tell me where this post should be. thanks

The contact info & phone numbers above are still valid (September 2011) - am waiting for a call back from Ron Bailey to order a gallon of Oxine AH and will let you know how it goes.

Edited:

Ron Bailey phoned me back after business hours, he was super helpful.

They put a gallon of Oxine on the UPS truck the next morning (Thrusday) and I got it a couple of hours ago (Friday morning).

Excellent service - I am *so* relieved since I urgently have to treat some of my banties that are dying of aspergillosis
hmm.png

I am located in Quebec, the province next to Ontario.

One gallon of Oxine AH cost me $38, plus $40 for next-day express UPS shipping, plus taxes.

So $90 in all - well worth it if it saves my sweet birds, plus a gallon will last forever as it's so concentrated.

Hope this info helps others.

Last edited:
I just want to let everyone know that yes, those two phone numbers are still valid and Ron lives in St.Mary's (SW Ontario)..thankfully, only 40 min away from me. It is now $38 a gallon.
I have one muscovy female with breathing problems and this stuff sounds great to have around incase of emergencies like this also.

FYI - number is still active and they are still distributors of Oxine AH in Canada ($45 for a gal bottle + shipping)
11 April 2017

Just a follow up to this thread. I live in Alberta so I prefer to not pay the shipping from Ontario or Quebec. I therefore reached out to Wood Wynt office here in Calgary (403-219-0352) to inquire about the Ecosan (same as Oxine..re-branded to be sold in Canada).
Great customer service. I ordered a 4 L jug and Citric Acid, and they said it will take 5 to 7 days to come from Quebec. They offered to ship to me but because i live in rural Alberta, with my rural address shipping is always an issue, I asked about pick-up and they gave me the option to do so from their warehouse in Calgary (they have another warehouse in Edmonton for those of you who live closer to there).
They also gave me the name of a sales guy who I will call later today and provide info for those who are interested.

For everyone's information, below are some of the prices as of Oct 30, 2017:

4L Ecosan = $64.16
20L Ecosan = $315.20
4L Citric Acid = $21.64

Anyone can recommend an affordable hand-held fogger to buy in Canada that's not over $150? Thanks!

Just a follow up to this thread. I live in Alberta so I prefer to not pay the shipping from Ontario or Quebec. I therefore reached out to Wood Wynt office here in Calgary (403-219-0352) to inquire about the Ecosan (same as Oxine..re-branded to be sold in Canada).
Great customer service. I ordered a 4 L jug and Citric Acid, and they said it will take 5 to 7 days to come from Quebec. They offered to ship to me but because i live in rural Alberta, with my rural address shipping is always an issue, I asked about pick-up and they gave me the option to do so from their warehouse in Calgary (they have another warehouse in Edmonton for those of you who live closer to there).
They also gave me the name of a sales guy who I will call later today and provide info for those who are interested.

For everyone's information, below are some of the prices as of Oct 30, 2017:

4L Ecosan = $64.16
20L Ecosan = $315.20
4L Citric Acid = $21.64

Anyone can recommend an affordable hand-held fogger to buy in Canada that's not over $150? Thanks!

I am curious about what the amount needed to add to drinking water for effective use is? Do you have an idea how long this would last?

Back
Top Bottom