Oxine Fogging??

Chicken0223

Chirping
Jun 11, 2021
I’ve done a ton of research on the benefits of oxine in fogging chicken - does anyone have any experience with this? I just got my gallon of oxine but then read the label and am scared to dig them now. “Harmful if inhaled”. I am fogging to clear up an possible respiratory issues that may be going on. Just want to ask some advise on here since I know there are some very knowledable people who have helped me tremendously with other issues.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    714.1 KB · Views: 68
I’ve done a ton of research on the benefits of oxine in fogging chicken - does anyone have any experience with this? I just got my gallon of oxine but then read the label and am scared to dig them now. “Harmful if inhaled”. I am fogging to clear up an possible respiratory issues that may be going on. Just want to ask some advise on here since I know there are some very knowledable people who have helped me tremendously with other issues.
“Fog” not “dig” -

You can use a regular plastic bottle pump mister from Walmart garden center. Adjust the nozzle to "fine mist."
Mix 1/8 teaspoon Oxine per gallon of water and fill the spray bottle with it. No need to use the citric acid activator.
Then mist over the heads of the chickens 3 times a day for 10 days. A few squirts over their heads is all that is needed.
Try misting them while they're inside the coop, early morning before letting them out for the day and after they go to roost for the night. You can also entice them inside the coop with treats, then mist them.
https://www.shagbarkbantams.com/the-many-uses-of-oxine-ah-animal-health/

You can use a regular plastic bottle pump mister from Walmart garden center. Adjust the nozzle to "fine mist."
Mix 1/8 teaspoon Oxine per gallon of water and fill the spray bottle with it. No need to use the citric acid activator.
Then mist over the heads of the chickens 3 times a day for 10 days. A few squirts over their heads is all that is needed.
Try misting them while they're inside the coop, early morning before letting them out for the day and after they go to roost for the night. You can also entice them inside the coop with treats, then mist them.
https://www.shagbarkbantams.com/the-many-uses-of-oxine-ah-animal-health/
Hi! How long do you fog each chicken for? Giving it a try tonight!

Thank you!

I just used the mister setting on the bottle and sprayed it over their head so they’d breathe it in.

Back
Top Bottom