1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OXINE, is it safe?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Lacrystol, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    I'm planning on getting some Oxine for my chickens because we seem to be running into some issues. But I have 4 ducks, does anyone know if this stuff is safe or them???

2. GrannyCarol

GrannyCarol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2011
    Washington
    It's been highly recommended on other forums by experts, I wouldn't worry about it. [​IMG]

3. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Just don't use the activator with it if you want to use it in a vaporizer for breathing treatments.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
  5. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    I was shopping around for oxine and found it really cheap at Brew City Solutions: http://ow.ly/7fvbR

Shipping is included but you have to buy a case of 4 gallons at $88 to get it really cheap. But the least expensive I saw it by the gallon was at Amazon Marketplace for $25 (& $10 shipping). So that's a savings of $13 per gallon.

I also heard that a lot of folks just use a regular home humidifier to "fog" the birds inside the barn - that way they can breathe it in and kill the mungus if it's inside their lungs already. I looked at the foggers and they're $400! [​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  7. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:I am thinking this is probably the same, but when reading about Oxine on the AtoZ pets web site they do call their Oxine ah, so i am confused as to if the oxine you found at Brew City is the same as at AtoZpets? If so then its a great deal.

I also have a computer that is not cooperating either sorry for double posts. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by