:p

Saltiena

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Peach Bottom
i was picking up eggs with my friend at her house and talking about how i couldent wait to get mi babies but i then wondered how do i know what hen wants to lay on her eggs and whitch don't care if they hatch, i dont want to "take her babys" but i need to know how to differenciate between the the ones that want chicks, and do't want chicks Plz help

when they "go broody", yes some take it to that extream, and wont leave the nest. Me, i'm just hopeing one of my girls will want to go broody..........mine stay on the nest a day and then "forget" everything.

One of the things a hen will do is growl at you if you take the eggs she's sitting on. She might even peck you a good one if she's truly ready to start a family.

They will leave the nest, usually twice a day to do whatever they need to do. Depending on the weather it could be as long as a half hour. Some birds will keep their behinds parked on their eggs far more than they should so it would be good to pick her up, move her outside away from the nest. She'll wake up, dust bath, drink, eat, dust bath, eat, drink, dust bath, eat, drink and probably defecate somewhere in with the eating and drinking.

Back
Top Bottom