Pacing and worrying.

Badhbh

Songster
12 Years
Nov 16, 2007
Southern Indiana
The girls are out in the barn tonight. They're about 6 weeks old now, and have feathers all over. They've been living in the kitchen, but I got home tonight and the smell hit me at the door. YUCK. So they're out in the barn in their new coop, with a heat light about 2 feet up. They're hovering around the light, but taking breaks to eat drink and wander around a bit. The barn isn't air tight, but it's not bad. Do you think they'll be ok? It's warm under the light. I can't stop worrying that they'll get too cold.

I recently moved my babies out to the outside '"teenager " cage.........they have an igloo..........shelter............and straw........fully feather babies are doing just fine in this ever changing climate in oklahoma...........30's tonight....... I think yours will be just fine
big_smile.png
mine only have the igloo as a break from the weather..........so yours have a barn and a light.they will be fine......... just you wait till morning..they will all be enjoying be "out" also
hugs.gif

It's about 18 inches up now.. lowered it a bit. I went out there and they were all lounging in the litter, content as can be. They look a little put out, but not cold. I felt their feet, and they weren't popsicles. I think they'll be ok.. i'll check on them first thing.

I think they'll be okay too. If they hover under the light some at this age it isn't as dangerous. You don't have to worry about pile on. I think they will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom