PA'ians Doesnt suprise me.....

Quote:
Sadly that picture is poor, the news blew the picture up some and you can clearly see a gorgeous golden puma aka mt lion aka cougar aka whatever they're aka
lau.gif

My moms friend 30 mins down the road 3 years ago while horseback riding on her property saw a black one just casually laying on the trail, she stopped her nervous horse and the cat stood up and walked away like it was no big deal. One was spotted right in my back woods as well the same year, I contacted the game commission about it and they told me that there are no cougars in PA......"however, if you DO spot one, do NOT shoot it"......

lau.gif

That reminds me of a man I know who was hunting around Gray's Lake in Idaho. Idaho has Grizzly bear habitat but not that far south. This man saw a Grizzly near Gray's Lake and called Fish and Game about it. They told him it must have been a black bear and he didn't know what he was talking about. He told them to come out and he would take them right to where he spotted the Grizzly. They told him no thanks. Two days later F&G called him back and said they had had three more sightings and could he please take them to the spot he saw the bear. He told them to go find it themselves.

I always carry a mt. lion tag when I hunt. One jumped a friend of mine 5 years ago while we were hunting. He shot it out of the air as it jumped at him.
ep.gif

I had one in my cross hairs three years ago, but it ran behind some trees. I ran over there and lost it's track under the trees and all my hair was standing on end so I high-tailed it out of there.

Big cats are not animals to be messing with. I hope your state officials recognize they are around soon and start doing something about them. A mt. lion will eat a deer a week. Or whatever else comes along that looks like food.

Quote:
*shudders* that's exactly why i contacted the game commission about it i wanted them to clue in if they didnt already know. They did the same thing when people started spotting coyotes years ago they said we didnt have them then FINNALLY it was made apparent to them when they were called out here locally and there was several trotting down the road! LOL! I've never seen a yote but i've heard them and I know they are here no doub tabout it....they are in our game books now, and yote hunts are very common now
smile.png
I'd love to get my sites on one!
big_smile.png

I love big cats, but i really REALLY dont want cougars here....it's just so scary. I just hope they make people wary of them soon, because i do know they are out there, an dthis picture just seals it for me more....and i dont want to hear about kids going missing.....and it be because of these cats. Theres a very huge deer population here, but that doesnt make me feel safe. Humans are much easier prey....
sad.png
hide.gif
s

I live in Martinsburg, WV (eastern panhandle) and I know two people who spotted Mountain Lions on our property before I was there. Scarrry.

I know of several people in a 10 mile radius of me who have seen one. But the game commission maintains "there is no verifiable population" in the state. Note, they dont say they dont exist.

"They're knowledgeable enough to know that it's not the neighbor's cat that was eating MiracleGro," Dave Christie, of Butler, said.

TEEHEE! funny quote in that article.

Back
Top Bottom