painted or unpainted coop

Since I used old pallets for most of the walls I painted using a barn paint and for the trim a paint I found marked down to $5.00 and got a $5.00 mail in rebate it helps the wood last longer and makes cleaning easier we are going to use shower stall walling for the inside of coop so we can just spray it down and dry we used the recycled flooring (the kind that does not rot or anything like that) makes cleaning faster.

I thank my lucky stars (every 6 months when it's coop cleaning time) that I painted the interior of my coop. It's soooooo much easier to clean. And honestly, the coop looks as good today as it did when the girls moved in 2 years ago.

We have a tuffshed that we found at a garage sale, moved it in and made it into a coop, all of course after we bought the chickens. We've had it a bit ove a year, and the inside is insulated, but we only have neked plywood and 2x4's. It looks icky. We will need to pressure wash it, then let it dry before we PAINT it!
wink.png

So, ya, paint it now while the time is right!
smile.png
unless of course you got the ceda, than that just looks nice anyways, but I still wonder if it would be easier to clean painted, dust slides off paint better.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom