Pale face need help working out what is wrong

Hey guys- my girl Sylvia seams to have a very pale face, it's almost yellowish and her comb is dry. it's been like it for a little while- we have had a small mite outbreak which we seam to have gotten on top of... I haven't noticed her laying either which adds more to my concern, we do work most of the day so she could be and its going unnoticed.
She is a Pekin Bantam, about 2years old.

Any advice will be great!!
Thanks Katie :)

Has she lost weight?

-Kathy

Oh no I hope it's not Fatty Liver think we will cut back on the extra foods though just to be careful

Treats should only be given to layers at 5% of daily ration...Meaning a Tablespoon per Bird...I only feed treats once or twice a week...

Best of Luck..

Cheers!

Did you know that this breed is supposed to weigh about 500 grams?

-Kathy

Thanks guys, I'm going to cut back on the treats- I really hope it's not fatty liver :(
Going to check her weight and make sure she's not too over or under.

Thanks guys, I'm going to cut back on the treats- I really hope it's not fatty liver
sad.png

Going to check her weight and make sure she's not too over or under.
Best of luck....Everyone likes to feed their Chickens treats, only because the Chickens do love to eat them....Don't feel bad...Just start taking their diet into consideration and the amount of exercise they get daily...You will better understand that diet and exercise, plays a huge part in a Chickens overall health....

Best of luck...

Cheers!

Thank you For the chart Kathy!

Definitely going to take it more into consideration! They free range in our backyard so aren't cooped up but do probably over eat
1f614.png

Back
Top Bottom