Panel heaters for coop

Fluffy family

Chirping
May 30, 2022
Northeast Wisconsin
Hello everyone:frow
It’s been getting really cold around here (we haven’t gotten out of the single digits in a few days and nights are below 0). I’ve been looking to buy a heating panel for our coop to give our chickens a little extra warmth and I was wondering if anybody had a heater that they really liked and worked well.
Thank you:)

Hello everyone:frow
It’s been getting really cold around here (we haven’t gotten out of the single digits in a few days and nights are below 0). I’ve been looking to buy a heating panel for our coop to give our chickens a little extra warmth and I was wondering if anybody had a heater that they really liked and worked well.
Thank you:)
I have only had a producers pride heater/ brooder and I love it , my birds have loved it plus it works as a brooder in the summer!

I have only used the heater setting for my quail but they went from almost frozen to being just fine and its been 35 at the highest here since I started using it . At night its been getting down to real feel of 5 and they have an open air coop so the heater helped a ton! I know 5 isn't as low as you're getting but its still cold 😒

We use 2 under our roosts I believe they are cozy coop brand. Although I also did have a producers pride one at one point that did equally as good. I liked that i could trust them on the bedding to not get too hot. Our coop is an 8x8 shed convert and they kept it about 5 -10* warmer on an above zero day. Ours never seem to huddle up next to them for heat that I’ve noticed, but I’m sure when they roosted it kept a chill off of them.

We recently switched to using an oil filled radiant heater during the super cold snap, (-35) this past week. I really liked that for temps that low. Kept the coop around 20 but I had to be a lot more conscientious about bedding.

Back
Top Bottom