Papas poultry progress..

noahsmom

Songster
9 Years
Jan 11, 2013
North Eastern, Ky
Well I ended up ordering 17eggs from papas and received 26! However, 2 came broken and so I sat 24. This hatch I have not added one drop of water wanting to try a truly dry incubation hatch. Temp has been good, humidity gasnt ever dropped below 27% and air cells look great. I checked late last night and 17/18 of the eggs have live developing chicks inside :) I say 17/18 because one may have quit developing and died but didn't want to make that call so soon and stuck it back in making sure to be able to distinguish it from the others. I have a mixture of English orp colors, lemon cuckoo orp, cream legbar, and gorgeous light Sussex. We can't wait until they hatch, hoping for a good hatch rate. Will update day 18 when I remove turner. Hows others hatches going? Are there very many incubating this time of year?

Sounds fantastic! I just finished up a successful hatch 3 weeks ago--the dry incubation really works. Love the mix of breeds! Can't wait to see how your hatch turns out :)

Thank you, I really would love to end up with at least a dozen chicks for a better possibility of hens. We do want to have one rooster but not sure I will keep a roo from this hatch. I would love a blue, black or splash roo from some different lines. Hope to possibly sell hatching eggs and maybe chicks. Just for a fun hobby.

Back
Top Bottom