Paranoid now, what about my other 3 (sexlinks)?! Are THESE pullets??

rhaj

Songster
13 Years
May 30, 2010
NE'ern Connecticut
Because of this thread, https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=355918 where I found out that all 3 of my RIR are actually cockerels, now I am paranoid about my other 3. They are red sex links so I thought for sure they would be hens... now I am scared that maybe there was some miscommunications and maybe they thought I wanted roosters??? I REALLY need to find out if these red sex links are PULLETS or not. They are 5 weeks old. HELP PLEASE?!?

All 3:

001-27.jpg

Lily:

002-14.jpg

Buttercup:

003-17.jpg

005-6.jpg

Daisy:

006-8.jpg

007-6.jpg

and if this helps, here is one the day we got them, at 4-5 days old:

013-3.jpg

011-1.jpg

012-3.jpg

Last edited:
I am so worried about this
sad.png
it's 1am and I am going on a field trip with a bunch of first graders in a few short hours. I was hoping someone was around that could tell me, but guess not at 1am
sad.png

Oh thank God. As babies, they were sorta yellow, but had that darker tint a little bit so I really had no idea. They definitely have a lot of red on them now.. SO glad to know the roosters would not be red. Think I can sleep now, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
smile.png

I don't know if you saw my other thread or not but my RIR's turned out to be boys, atleast 2 of them, if not all 3, so I got really paranoid about the others!

Last edited:
Thank you everyone.

I am confused as to what breed they are then. When I bought them, they said Red sexlinks. (but of course they also sold me either 2 or 3 roosters/OUT OF 3- RIR) Are they red? or golden comet? or what? Thanks so much for the help!
smile.png

Last edited:
Deep breath and breathe...they're pullets!! Yep, they call 'em either redsexlinks or golden comets and cinnamon queens too, I believe-don't hold me to the last one! Have fun and they're great layers too. I've got five and I just love 'em!!

Back
Top Bottom