Parents, Is it too much? Rant... Kinda... Update post #29

Quote:
Exactly!
thumbsup.gif

Kel, not to stick up for anyone or anything, but speaking AS someone who is a MIL, I would like to offer you a fresh perspective, if I may. (Oh, and first of all, God bless you for ALL you do for your GMIL and your family!)

I think your MIL may not necessarily be as wishy-washy as you think as far as whether or not she wants the chickens. Perhaps she agrees with HER mother when GMIL is present and goes along with her just to keep peace. I notice that when you and MIL were alone, she sympathized with you and welcomed your chickens to be there, as well. Can you imagine what it must be like in her shoes, stuck in the middle between her son and his wife who are just starting their lives fresh, and her elderly/blind/cantankerous mother? I would not trade places with her in a million years. In her heart, she probably could care less whether or not you have chickens... but she "sides" with GMIL in GMIL's presence to keep HER from going on and on and being more cantankerous than she already is.

I am not there and do not know the situation 100%, but I am just offering you a possible other perspective to consider. Don't give up just yet on getting your chookies. If you feel you can do it, then do it! Nobody knows your own abilities better than you do, sweetie.

I would wait until the baby's here.
Because in case you need to have a caesarian, it's going to be extra bending and stuff you can REALLY do without for a couple of weeks. But once you're ok and healed up and everything's fine, go for it

And quail on your porch sounds fun too
smile.png

I can't think of anything more peaceful or relaxing than sitting out under a tree with a sleeping baby watching your chickens run around the yard. What could possibly be wrong with that?

deb g

Quote:
Quote:
I echo both of these posts!

Noone really knows how exhausting it is having a newborn until they've actually had one. Personally, I'd wait until the baby was a little older and you were getting plenty of restful sleep because when you aren't getting enough sleep EVERYTHING is much harder to deal with. Then you wouldn't be worrying about both the chickens and the baby as you'll want to focus mostly on the baby.

Quote:
There's your line right there. "I don't try to make you feel stupid for loving horses so please stop trying to make me feel stupid for liking livestock that produces food and is good company."

Or you could always say "Must be a nesting instinct thing"
tongue.png

Quote:
LOL, I wish I could agree with you, but she is and has always been like this, I love her, I really do and we get along for the most part, but she is the queen of Wish washy, and it has nothing to do with her mother, she has no problem telling her mother how she feels. Oh the stories I could tell, but I won't go there, because like I said I really do love my MIL, but I wish she would not make promises, because the dissapointment that follows always causes problems.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom