Parrot thread!

Hi, this thread is for posting pictures and telling stories of your parrots! I have two male cockatiels a normal, Disco and a pearl pied Storm.
Does anyone know how to break down an 81mg aspirin to an adult cockatiel dosage? Sonnie the hen has arthritis in her leg.

Here are two of my sweet keets (I have 12, none are really hand tame but these boys are always ready for millet) I lost the one on the left (Salsa Verde) in the last month due to a freak accident, which has been really hard. These two are my favorites (don't tell the others) and he was my second parakeet, so I miss him dearly. The one on the right (Noodle) misses him too, but he is starting to cheer up again <3 For my birthday, I got a lot of pictures of him from my fiancée and we are hanging them up around the house, so he is always with us <3
163062272_532676981053260_1109859950188745293_n.jpg

Here is my pied pearl cockatiel Mac soon after I got her. She is now flighted and doesn't really hang out with me as much, but she's a really sweet bird.
WIN_20200728_10_29_11_Pro.jpg

Does anyone know how to break down an 81mg aspirin to an adult cockatiel dosage? Sonnie the hen has arthritis in her leg.
Please speak with your vet.

Because house birds are so much smaller than a cat or dog and metabolize differently- it could be potentially fatal trying to dose your own bird.

What you can do now is change the perches to platforms and wider perches, this will help her out. I know some owners will use a heat lamp or heated perch.

You can try reading into herbal remedies like what they use in humans too. I sprinkle turmeric on their food. You could try cinnamon or cayenne as well.

Back
Top Bottom