Part Time Parent

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by bantam0907, May 19, 2011.

1. bantam0907

bantam0907 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    Ok I decided that too many funny, adorable, and aggervating things happen to me in my job as a nanny not to start a blog! I babysit three boys, N., C., K. and if that isnt crazy enough they are 12, 10, and 2! When I started this job I was referred by my cousin their previous nanny. and at $10 an hour I couldnt refuse! I figured helpwith some elementary homework, fix some snacks and hang out sounds easy enough right? BIGGEST UNDERSTATEMENT OF MY LIFE! This is a blog for venting, stories and just general daily life! [​IMG] So where to start with my first story...

WEll this isnt much of a story but an observation. You know all those sayings your parents said when you were younger that absolutly ate you up guts feathers and all? You know the ones you said youd never use? Just wait till your with kids all day everyday. Here are some of my favorites...

1. "If I was taking a servey that would be real useful information. But seeins how im not you best do wht your told!"
    2. "I have two eyes located beneath my eyebrows just for your viewing pleasure, look at me when im talking to you!"
    3. "Find something to do, or I will and I guarrentee you wont like it!"
    4. "If yall dont get along I'll make you hold hands!"
    5. "Believe it or not I was your age once"

These are just a few! Most are thanks to daddy though [​IMG]

2. BCBunnies

BCBunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    [​IMG] That made me smile. I remember thinking (after being a nanny for 8 years to 2 girls) that I could handle pretty much anything when it came to my one son. Boy was I wrong. The first thing to go was the fridge lock, I promised myself I'd never ever get one.... til the morning I woke up and he had crawled out of his crib to paint the couch and loveseat with raw eggs. Along with all the old wise sayings, "I wouldn't do that if I were you." as they go running through the house and slip on the tile. And the best one ever "Do you want me to tell your Father?"

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    "Boy, there just ain't any 'do right' in you."[​IMG] Thank you, Daddy.

4. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    "Somebody's gonna get hurt . . . . "

I can even make it sound just like my mom's voice when I say it too [​IMG]

5. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    One of the eeriest moments in my life was when I found myself telling my oldest child with great sincerity and passion exactly the same thing I can recall my mother telling ME at that very age. It was a feeling of sudden temporal dislocation to forty years ago on the other side of the state in a world that has long since disappeared, but there I was saying the very same thing for the very same reason.

"And I hope they grow up just like YOU!" Sigh... and she is. She is.

6. bantam0907

May 18, 2010
    Haha thank you all for the sayings! ill be sure to use a few from time to time. So time for my next story...

You remember when you were a kid and you didnt want to hang out with your old embarrissing Parents? C. is at that stage now, but im NOT OLD! im 18 thats like the prime of your life right? well not to a ten year old boy. We went to the park after dropping his brother off at practice and we were playing tag and basketball and just laughing and joking, everything seemed fine. Then some boys his age got there, you should have seen his face! He looked at me like I had an octopus on my head then asked me a question and I quote... "uhh can you go wait in the car?!?" man alive I had no idea what had just happened I went from the cool babysitter to embarrising parent in a matter of seconds, dumbfounded I walked back to the car! And to top it all off ione of the boys asked him who i was and he replied "Oh, her? Shes just a friend!" regular old cool hand luke! lol and it was even more funny how he said it so casually like yeah I always hang out with 18 year old girls! But thankfully it was more funny than sad, then i got to thinking how I did with my own parents when I was young. Needless to say I took them out for dessert when I got home! Kids ya gotta love em.

7. bantam0907

May 18, 2010
    This is for the stay at home moms (and nannies of course!)...

The 2 year old is screaming in my ear, he has a double ear infection. His 10 year old brother just let the lab in covered in mud, we have white carpets. The 12 year old is trying to pour a glass of milk and in the midst of the caos he spills half the gallon on the new handwoven persian rug. Sometimes you feel like its not worth it, it gets so crazy you cant even hear yourself thinking. But then you have those moments when the 2 year old looks up at you with those big eyes and says i love you before stamping a slobbery blueberry yogurt kiss smack on your cheek. And the 10 year old decides maybe your not so embarrissing and could you throw the baseball with him for a bit? and th 12 year old wants to show you his new videogame and will even let you be first player even though he has to walk you through step by step because you have no idea what all of theses buttons do. Those are the times when you realize there is a reason for everything you do, and even though these kids arent mine I know I would do anything for them.

I hope this helps, so hang in there moms and part time parents, one of those moments are right around the corner. [​IMG]

8. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Don't be too shocked at the "I don't want to be seen with you" thing. He doesn't want his friends to know he still has a babysitter. He's too old to need anyone looking after him he's probably pretty sure he could do OK if he could just get his own place!! Right up until he needs you!

My DD is 11. Her cousin takes care of her sometimes and she got the same treatment. DD adores this cousin and thinks she is the best, but 'fessed up that she wanted her friends to think she was old enough to take care of herself.

BTW, the boys will also tell people you are "after them" as in an 18 is really crushing on a ten year old..... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

Haha, Love this thread..

Reminds me of the times i told myself I would never sound like my Mom..

Now when the kids want to manhandle, each piece of anything and still choose a different one.. I say "Take the one you touch!!"

Ahh I sound just like my Mom!! [​IMG]

10. bantam0907

May 18, 2010
    I know its been awhile since i posted anything so next story...

"My" boys were watching suite live on deck, and they characters acted out sometihng from the three stooges, and i laughed and said that and they said whos the three stooges??? It totally shocked me! just figured everyone new who the three stooges were! needless to say i brought over my complete three stooges DVD set and we spent the day watching them! Now i proudly watch them acting it out themselves [​IMG] If they never learn anything else from me at least i can rest knowing they know who the three stooges are! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by