Partial moult?

CarolinaCoop

Hatching
Jul 22, 2015
Hi! My eight month old silver laced wyandottes are all laying daily or nearly daily. Here is my question. Some of them are having a "change" in their feathers........... I am seeing a lot of fluffy feathers but the feathers they had that were brightly colored (laced) they are losing. I recently changed their feed to the "OMega 3" layena - could this be affecting them or is this something normal that I haven't notice in my other chickens at that age?

I appreciate any info you can give. They do not seem stressed and are laying regularly so not sure what is up.

Thanks!

Cyndi

it could be sometimes they will molt some baby feathers later I have had some RIR do that and my ameraucana roo did a neck molt at 6 mo. no one was picking him but the new ones grew in way bigger and longer.

Thanks! I wasn't too worried as they are eating and drinking and laying but they just look a little different. Their "fluffy butts" are extending over their backs and some on their chests too - no naked areas (can't wait to see them in molt..............ugh!) but seem to be otherwise healthy.

Back
Top Bottom