Partridge rocks or no?

kuhnse51

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 19, 2014
I got a hatchery assortment and received 5 dark brown chicks. I think they are all partridge rocks but as they get older I'm starting to question. A few of them have started growing really long wing feathers and are mostly a solid brown with small patches of lighter brown. The other ones have considerably shorter wings and a pronounced chipmunk marking. The way their wings are colored seems to be a different pattern, too. Am I just looking too far into this or are they 2 different breeds?

A.

B.

The first one looks a lot like my Partridge Rocks did at that age. The second one looks more like a Barnevelder to me. They're pretty similar, both as chicks and as adults, but Barnie chicks tend to have those stripes while Partridge Rocks usually are just brown and black.

Thanks pipd! That was one breed that I hadn't thought of. I looked up some pictures of barnevelders and it looks like I probably ended up with a mix of rocks and barnies!

I'm thinking Partridge Rocks. For some reason, I've noticed that many hatchery quality Partridge Rocks don't have the correct yellow legs.

Back
Top Bottom