Partridge what? (Pics)

I looked in Ideal's list, she kinda looks like what they have listed as Dark Brahma, and maybe something else to have clean legs?
Dark Brahma has the same basic color pattern, but OP's bird has gold while Dark Brahmas have silver, OP's bird has a single comb while Brahmas have pea combs, and OP's bird has clean legs while Brahmas has feathered legs.

OP's bird cannot be a pure Brahma, and cannot even be a first-generation Brahma cross because of how the genetics work for pea comb and feathered feet.

I think the partridge color is more likely to come from some other breed, although I can't be positive.

I picked this little bantam girl up a couple days ago and I'm just not sure what she is! No clue on age either.
Where did you get her? That might provide a clue about whether she originally came from a hatchery, or a private breeder, or a barnyard mix.

Dark Brahma has the same basic color pattern, but OP's bird has gold while Dark Brahmas have silver, OP's bird has a single comb while Brahmas have pea combs, and OP's bird has clean legs while Brahmas has feathered legs.

OP's bird cannot be a pure Brahma, and cannot even be a first-generation Brahma cross because of how the genetics work for pea comb and feathered feet.

I think the partridge color is more likely to come from some other breed, although I can't be positive.

Where did you get her? That might provide a clue about whether she originally came from a hatchery, or a private breeder, or a barnyard mix.
That's really interesting, because I am planning to cross the bantam (a Porcelain d'uccle and Mille fleur d'uccle roos) with several different breeds, hopefully to come up with some different coloring.

I got her from a friend that got her from with some mixed pullets he bought at an auction

I got her from a friend that got her from with some mixed pullets he bought at an auction

With that history, she could be anything from a rare kind of purebred to a multi-generation multi-breed mix. That makes her an interesting puzzle, but we have no real way to tell which guess (if any) is correct.

Has she been laying eggs? If so, what color are they?

Back
Top Bottom