Parts needed for cabinet incubator

It carries a more uniform temp with the false back. But you can improvise with just a "L" made up of the water bowl shelf and the vertical piece the fan mounts in.... Early models had this set up and worked well too... Imagine the false back ending at the bottom of water pan shelf...

Here is a pic of my cabinet. 4 auto turning racks that will hold 100 eggs per rack or 4 store bought auto turners for 160 eggs. It is 2x2x3 as well. The top 6 inches is fully enclosed with aluminum insulation, 4- 100w rough surface bulbs and a $12 bathroom exhaust fan. Hatched lots and lots of eggs in this thing.

I like the PVC pipe as duct work! Does the fan pull air up the pipe or push it down?

Last edited:
I love looking a everyone's incubators. Your cabinet looks great. I experimented with different designs and found the false back was not always necessary. A false back may be necessary for even temps top to bottom with a large or tall cabinet unless your fan is moving a lot of air. Both designs work. One element of my design is to flow air across the egg trays from front to back with no obstructions, opposed to through the trays top to bottom. Photo is example of compact incubator without false back. Holds 3 turners and hatching drawer. Cabinet is about 24"h x 17"w x 22"d.

I like the PVC pipe as duct work! Does the fan pull air up the pipe or push it down?

With the 110v bathroom fan it pushes warm air out the pvc ducts and into the incubator. There are 4 drops inside the cabinet. With the back up fans (which are blocked off unless the main fan goes out) it is just the opposite. They push air into the cabinet and return through the ducts. I get very even temps all through out. Right now, there are over 200 eggs in it on all 4 shelves and I just sampled 20 eggs with the infared gun and egg temps were 99.3-99.8. I only do 0-18 days in this cabinet snd then hatch in others. As long as I've got room in the hatchers for a lockdown, I can load this cabinet staggered. The built in racks are on an auto turner as well as it with accept store bought turners like in the pic in the above post. Permanent mounted surge protector mounted inside the cabinet.

Last edited:
@HatchCraft Thats a clean bator..... I like it! The design is real close to one of mine too... what is the heat source?

@badwhiskey when I use a wafer thermo I have about $90 with hinges, latches such. Miller/little giant turners are about $40 each.... I also use a Ranco digital thermostat that I like alot too its about $50....

Back
Top Bottom