Parts

rjoschko

Songster
8 Years
May 27, 2014
Minneapolis
These are parts I am using in my incubator I am building. Two fans, 250 watt strip heater, various colored indicator lights to tell when things are on or off, control module, and auto turner.

Last edited:
It is going to be pretty large, it will hold approx. 15 egg trays, each tray will hold either 88 chicken eggs or 221 quail eggs each. Both type trays are the same dimensions.

With the supplies you had, it looked like you were going big!
tongue.png

So, is it going to be a wooden cabinet w/ insulation in the walls? Are you going to put a window in it? in the door or in one of the walls?

A friend had a homemade cabinet incubator that he found at an estate sale, and the observation window was in the side of the cabinet, the door was solid with a heavy duty seal around it. The guy who built it had it in his very small garage while in use, under the stairs to the loft, which was an open staircase to his wood shop. The door opened flat against the back wall of the garage for access, but the side window allowed him to check on it everytime he walked past the open garage door, or went up to the garage loft for a tool, or whatever, without having to walk around the car and to the back of the garage. It also doubled as a brooder for him.

The window will be in the door, wooden cabinet and insulated. The egg turning drum is octagon shaped. I will post photos when I start the build. I still need to get one more fan and the wood for the cabinet. I will be doing that the beginning of next month.

Back
Top Bottom