Pasty Bum Help

Just an update. Sadly the chick didn’t make it, for whatever reason it hadn’t grown at all and the others were nearly three times the size of it, it was fine in the morning eating and drinking and crying as usual. by mid afternoon it was laid on its side, like its leg couldn’t hold it anymore , it did push itself around to go under the heat pad , the other chicks all cuddled around it and while they were all cuddling together it passed. I don’t feel like I could have done anymore than I did, thanks for all your help :)
I'm sorry for your chick!

I have a pasty butt Barred Rock that's 17 days old. She shows no signs of any distress. Eats poops drinks sleeps fine. I have 2 and the other one is fine (all other 8 chicks are fine) but the other BR is SO SMALL. Like hasn't grown in a week. They were both the same size and hard to tell apart last week, now pasty butt is double the other rocks size.

I have a pasty butt Barred Rock that's 17 days old. She shows no signs of any distress. Eats poops drinks sleeps fine. I have 2 and the other one is fine (all other 8 chicks are fine) but the other BR is SO SMALL. Like hasn't grown in a week. They were both the same size and hard to tell apart last week, now pasty butt is double the other rocks size.

That’s exactly what happened with mine. The others all grew and the buff stayed at a week old size for three weeks! The buff ate and drank like normally but then this past week the buff just wouldn’t follow the others it would just sit and cry until they came back, I genuinely thought it was blind as it didn’t really do anything and even when the others were stuffing their faces on food it just sat there next the food crying. :( hope yours does better than mine

That’s exactly what happened with mine. The others all grew and the buff stayed at a week old size for three weeks! The buff ate and drank like normally but then this past week the buff just wouldn’t follow the others it would just sit and cry until they came back, I genuinely thought it was blind as it didn’t really do anything and even when the others were stuffing their faces on food it just sat there next the food crying. :( hope yours does better than mine

My little one is fine! it's the larger one that has the pasty butt. It's really odd. She eats just the same as the other ladies just hasn't grown. I dunno why. Pasty butt is double the size of tiny!

Back
Top Bottom