Pasty butt issues

Myah1011

Songster
Jun 26, 2023
Last night I had noticed that one of my chicks had Pasty butt, I wish I had noticed sooner but I was extremely busy yesterday, I cleaned her off and she’s somewhat good now, the issue is whenever she poops now she chirps in discomfort, is there anyway I can help her? I already put electrolytes and probiotics In their water but should I switch it out for molasses? Or just put molasses in with the electrolytes and probiotics? Or maybe there’s an even better option besides molasses? All comments and suggestions wanted!

Take a little of their chick started and add water to make a mash somewhere in the consistency of oatmeal, it really doesn't matter if you get it a little extra wet, they will love it! If they don't go for it right away just keep making a small amount of fresh mash for a day or two, they'll figure it out. You can also get a little olive or coconut oil into her. Just try not to get it on her feathers, it will un fluff them.

She likely just needs a little more water and mayne some oils to grease the chutes, lol. Electrolytes are fine, or molasses, just make sure they also have clear fresh water to choose from as well. Anything to get a little extra water into them for a few days should fix the discomfort.

Take a little of their chick started and add water to make a mash somewhere in the consistency of oatmeal, it really doesn't matter if you get it a little extra wet, they will love it! If they don't go for it right away just keep making a small amount of fresh mash for a day or two, they'll figure it out. You can also get a little olive or coconut oil into her. Just try not to get it on her feathers, it will un fluff them.

She likely just needs a little more water and mayne some oils to grease the chutes, lol. Electrolytes are fine, or molasses, just make sure they also have clear fresh water to choose from as well. Anything to get a little extra water into them for a few days should fix the discomfort.
Okay thank you! I appreciate the reply!

Back
Top Bottom