pasty butt, worms in dropping and a random hiccough w some labored breathing!

I put the Wazine in their water so the de-worming has begun. I dread the cleanup tomorrow. I read online the pasty butt is a sign of parasites. I have noticed her pasty poopy dirty looking butt for weeks now, like 3 or 4. It may also be she hasn't been laying eggs either for some time, which is what I have suspected for and that too I read is a sign of worms. Poor chicken all the signs were there.

Last edited:
Get some valbazen..it gets rid of all worms...it is technically for goats and horses and such...but it is the only broad spectrum wormer that gets all different types of worms. But if the worms you saw were roundworms and no other worms then the wazine will work..but I would probably go for valbazen...If ever I see worms or feel that worming is necessary I will use Valbazen..just makes the most sense to me, to use the one that gets rid of whatever worm is causing the issue regardless of the type of worm.

We use safe gaurd for goats, it kills most worms , but not gape worm or tape worm ,anyway the dose is 3cc per gallon of water for three days (mix up a new batch every day.. then repeat in 2weeks
If you do not have alot of birds you can dose them by hand at 1cc per 10 pounds of body weight...

Messy bottoms are a sure sign of worms.

I did the Wazine first, 2 oz in a gallon of water. So in two weeks I should do ivermec? Can I feed the dogs the Wazine eggs? And is my yard contaminated now since the chickens run around it?

Back
Top Bottom