Pasty butt

Stacylynnlac

Chirping
Apr 20, 2018
New York
2 of my chicks are starting to get pasty butt. It’s not dried onto it’s vent area but it’s just staying soft all over it’s bum. I keep going to clean if off and put vaseline on it but it just keep staying super messy. My broody hen is taking care of them so I can only catch them sometimes where they just want to be with mom. Should I just let the broody take care of them or do I need to continually catch them everyday to clean them up?

Attachments

• C49A9FA9-550A-44C0-8B8B-EE9DAD5A68B0.jpeg
    C49A9FA9-550A-44C0-8B8B-EE9DAD5A68B0.jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 9
2 of my chicks are starting to get pasty butt. It’s not dried onto it’s vent area but it’s just staying soft all over it’s bum. I keep going to clean if off and put vaseline on it but it just keep staying super messy. My broody hen is taking care of them so I can only catch them sometimes where they just want to be with mom. Should I just let the broody take care of them or do I need to continually catch them everyday to clean them up?
Hi what I would do is give the mom 1 or 2 days to see if she would do anything.But if not just catch it every to every other day.Try not to put stress on it.Goodluck. :)

Back
Top Bottom