patience

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
I have noticed a few members getting upset with posts from new members asking questions that have been asked before. I am not judging but wanted to say with the rapid growth of this site and new popularity of chickens this is just going to keep happening, and even though for some of you BYC members who have been here a long time it can be annoying, I think that it is just the nature of the beast so to speak and can not be avoided. In addition sometimes doing a search takes very long and many of us don't have that kind of patience lol Ironic huh
smile.png

Ok getting off my soap box now....

Actually, taking the time to do a search usually reveals a wealth of information. If you are in a hurry, that's the fast way to get information.
(and I consider myself new to this as well!)
Search is becoming one of my favorite options!
smile.png

I did a lot of searching and lurking on BYC before I got my chicks...still need to ask questions...I try to read as much as possible you are all so informative THanks to all who answer....
hugs.gif

There are several new members that don't even know there is a search. I have no problem repeating myself to help someone. That's what this site is for! There are also those who are not quite sure what to search for. When you are new to chickens, you don't know what egg bound is or spraddle leg, or impacted crop, etc.

I agree that patience should extended to those that are new here, and some of us who STILL need to ask silly questions. Like me.
lol.png

I havent seen anyone getting upset or rude anywhere.....
hu.gif
then again I'm not on every single section either. However for the most part I believe that all members answer questions regardless if people have done a search first or not.

Usually if someone posts a question that has been answered, someone will respond regardless and may, as an added help and benefit, post past threads / postings for easier reference. However, there is SO much information out here that one should do a search as well to see if their question has already been answered in full.

yea I haven't noticed anyone being annoyed....then again, like Hennys I don't hit all the posts either.

But search is a great option. And members seem very knowledgeable and seem to want to pass out their info which is great to help newbies on the site.

I actually like some of the repeated questions. Different people answer and they have different takes on the same question, points that were not made before often appear. I think they are useful even for older members, or those who knew some about chickens before they got their current flocks.

When I first found this site, I read for hours (husband often made fun of me, lol). I did not join for a long time, I did see the search though.

Back
Top Bottom