patsy's butt

luluann

Songster
7 Years
Dec 28, 2012
Tennessee
Help. I read on here before about Patsy's butt. One of my baby chicks have it. I got these from Tractor supply and I didn't check last night when I got them home. I used a warm was cloth and wiped it but it isn't coming off. It can use the bathroom but it will go back if I can't solve the problem. I read about vasoline but I don't have any. Can I give them a bath?? Like I said I did it before and now I can't remember. It night be just me panicking so please help!

I washed one of mine gently under some warm water until I was able to gently pull it off, but only the butt got wet, nowhere else. Their body temp will cool very fast. Some people say to use a spray bottle. Then u can pat dry gently with a dry wash cloth

Last edited:
One of my girls had it for a few days,i cleaned the area up with a warm washcloth,and applied a lil vasoline,she was not a happy chick.last night one of my black sex link chicks had a lil dried poop on her bum cleaned it the/same way. I have a rountie at night that my dd and i do a bum check,my dh thinks its funny and pretend to talk for the chick- lol ;) but it shouldnt be a problem for you and the issue should clear up in a few days

Thank you guys so much. I couldn't find the link but you guys saved the day. I love this forum you all are very helpful!!

Hi! We never had the mentioned problem, but yes! I also always add some apple vinegar to the water they drink and sometimes I cook chamomile tea for them i.e. when the weather is colder. They really like the tea! Anyway, to avoid stomach problems because of medication we give them sometimes lactiferm to balance metabolism.

Back
Top Bottom