PayPal / Hatching Eggs Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is going to be one beautiful bird! Now I just have to make sure I don't accidentally cross them with the splash when I hatch those. I need to talk with you about how the pens should be separated for these or if they should all run together.

depends on what your goal is. I have enough right now to move forward a bit. I will also be getting some new black birchens in a few weeks (chicks). My goal is blue and black birchen with no splash. So that is the reason for 2 different pens. My blue hens will go with a black too and the black hens will go with a blue roo. that way I will hatch out the 50/50 blue and black. no splash as I will no longer have blue roos with blue hens.
big_smile.png

Good Morning Everyone - Happy New Year (although in truth it doesn't seem much different than yesterday
idunno.gif
) I'm with you babymakes6, if I don't stop hatching what I want to keep and start hatching for the March sales I will never have enough to sell. NOT GOOD when you need the income to feed all the birds..... It's kind of a vicious cycle. You want chickens, they need feed, sell birds, feed birds, need feed, sell birds, buy feed and on and on and on..... Not to mention the fact that I am almost to the point I have chickens in every room!

depends on what your goal is. I have enough right now to move forward a bit. I will also be getting some new black birchens in a few weeks (chicks). My goal is blue and black birchen with no splash. So that is the reason for 2 different pens. My blue hens will go with a black too and the black hens will go with a blue roo. that way I will hatch out the 50/50 blue and black. no splash as I will no longer have blue roos with blue hens.
big_smile.png
That makes sense. I'll have to see what I come out with. I'm hoping that more hatch. I don't see anymore pips, but...

offer........

12 FBCM eggs (ready by end of February we split them out today)
plus
12 EE/OE eggs include black split Lav AM hen and Blue and gold roo in the pen plus lots of split hens and blue ee hens
Is this the latest offer?

Too much chattering again and no one can find the last offer.

Good Morning Everyone - Happy New Year (although in truth it doesn't seem much different than yesterday
idunno.gif
) I'm with you babymakes6, if I don't stop hatching what I want to keep and start hatching for the March sales I will never have enough to sell. NOT GOOD when you need the income to feed all the birds..... It's kind of a vicious cycle. You want chickens, they need feed, sell birds, feed birds, need feed, sell birds, buy feed and on and on and on..... Not to mention the fact that I am almost to the point I have chickens in every room!
What are the March sales you are talking about?

What are the March sales you are talking about?

In my immediate area we have "chicken sales day" the second Saturday of each month at a set location. You get everyone from those who want birds to look at, to birds for egg production to those looking for the "fun" chickens. Then each Friday there is a similar sale about an hour and a half away that does a similar sale but it also includes every kind of bird and small animal. Also, all produce, canning items, etc.. I sell rabbits as well. There are certain breeds that always go over well but at the first 3 sales, you need a variety of age groups as from those who want day old to raise all the way to ones already laying. It helps offset the cost of the hobby and MOST do not care if what they are buying are those we would call "cull" as they are just wanting eggs or pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom