PDZ or Stall Dry?

I use sweetPDZ in my chicken coops because it is a little cheaper in my area. I haven't found it to be overly dusty, and the way it instantly absorbs moisture on contact is amazing. The products you mention are all made to absorb urine in a horse stall. Horses urinate a Lot, especially if they are show horses and live much of their lives in a stall. All three brands/products do their job well. Use your intuition and try one of the brands/products; if you are not completely satisfied, try another.

I use Stall Refresher. We did mistakenly purchase a powder version once...had to toss it in the trash as it was unbearably dusty. The Stall Refresher is granules.
Hmm I didn't know there are both powder and granular versions of Sweet PDZ until I looked it up just now. I've only ever seen and purchased granular sweet pdz. Not hard to imagine that powder would be too dusty.

They are different. PDZ Stall Refresher is 100% Zeolite.

This^^^ stuff is.....
  • Natural blend of food grade diatomaceous earth and clay in a granular form
Do you think one or the other product is better for chicken coops? I used zeolite to amend/improve soil years before I got chickens, so knew that PDZ and aged chicken manure would be great for gardens. But I never considered if another product would be even better.

Do you think one or the other product is better for chicken coops? I used zeolite to amend/improve soil years before I got chickens, so knew that PDZ and aged chicken manure would be great for gardens. But I never considered if another product would be even better.
Zeolite wins hands down.

Make sure you buy the granulated variety in the horse sized bag, not the chicken sized bag.

Back
Top Bottom