Peach Cobbler Recipe wanted

hennotrooster

Songster
7 Years
Sep 16, 2012
Hesperia CA
My cobblers are a hit and did not even get close the hit I lost the recipe and can not for the life of me remember where I found it. Soo if someone can share a really good recipe with me my husband would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Sorry meant to say hit and miss had a good recipe and lost it.
hide.gif

Last edited:
This is my Grandma Rachel's cobbler recipe. Works best for peaches or berries--blackberries, boysenberries, etc

Unwrap a cube of butter in your pan and put it in the oven while you preheat to 350.

Mix 1 cup each flour and sugar, 1 tsp baking powder. Add I cup milk, stir well and let set a few minutes to bubble.

You need 1 quart of fruit, now is the time to sweeten to taste.

When the butter in the pan is melted, pour the batter in the middle of the pan. Just pour, don't mix with the butter. The batter displaces the butter and makes those yummy corners. Drop the fruit by spoonfulls on top of the batter. Bake about 30 min, until pretty golden brown on top. Serve with vanilla ice cream!

At my Grandma's funeral, her cobbler was one of the most mentioned things we'd miss about her!

I do the following for cobbler:

http://www.schrodingerskittie.com/2005/12/kilsharions-apple-streusel-cobbler-2/

I just swap out the fruit for whatever it is that I want (apples, pears, peaches, elderberries, etc). This is expecting that you are using fresh peaches. If you are using canned, just dump the can in and ignore the rest of the "filling". They are all intended to work together as the fruit breaks down to make the syrup/sweet addition to the cobbler. But, if using canned peaches, they are already broken down and sweetened.

This is my Grandma Rachel's cobbler recipe. Works best for peaches or berries--blackberries, boysenberries, etc

Unwrap a cube of butter in your pan and put it in the oven while you preheat to 350.

Mix 1 cup each flour and sugar, 1 tsp baking powder. Add I cup milk, stir well and let set a few minutes to bubble.

When the butter in the pan is melted, pour the batter in the middle of the pan. Just pour, don't mix with the butter. The batter displaces the butter and makes those yummy corners. Drop the fruit by spoonfulls on top of the batter. Bake about 30 min, until pretty golden brown on top. Serve with vanilla ice cream!

At my Grandma's funeral, her cobbler was one of the most mentioned things we'd miss about her!

This is just what I need for my 3 grandsons tomorrow for their dessert. Their Mom is a great cook, everything from scratch so the boys are particular about what they eat. Looks easy, yet delicious and made from scratch!!

Thank you Donrae I will try this next week. I have peaches in the freezer that I need to use. I think this is going to be an emotional day for me, your last words about your Grandma have me with a lump in my throat and I really want to cry I lost my grandmother in 2011 and I miss her beef soup. Thanks again and I will let you know how it came out.

Last edited:
For a quick cobbler I use half of a box either yellow cake mix or spice cake mix and cut one stick of butter into the cake mix so it's crumbly but not wet, and sticks when pressed. I sometimes use a pie shell (browned in the oven first) and sometimes just a glass dish and pour one large can of peaches in light syrup and one regular can in the bottom (don't always use all of the syrup, just depends on how much cake mix I use). Then cover with the cake mix/butter mixture. In the oven @350 for 30-45 or until it's browned on top and a little crispy in places. The syrup soaks up some of the cake mix and makes softer crust while the butter browns and crisps the top.
You can use any fruit/cake mix combination you like; experiment if you want. Blueberries (canned) and lemon cake mix is delicious too.
My family LOVES this stuff! It's easy for when we need a bit of a special treat on a weekend.

For a quick cobbler I use half of a box either yellow cake mix or spice cake mix and cut one stick of butter into the cake mix so it's crumbly but not wet, and sticks when pressed. I sometimes use a pie shell (browned in the oven first) and sometimes just a glass dish and pour one large can of peaches in light syrup and one regular can in the bottom (don't always use all of the syrup, just depends on how much cake mix I use). Then cover with the cake mix/butter mixture. In the oven @350 for 30-45 or until it's browned on top and a little crispy in places. The syrup soaks up some of the cake mix and makes softer crust while the butter browns and crisps the top.
You can use any fruit/cake mix combination you like; experiment if you want. Blueberries (canned) and lemon cake mix is delicious too.
My family LOVES this stuff! It's easy for when we need a bit of a special treat on a weekend.

I will try this next I have lots of peaches to use up.

Back
Top Bottom